Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sandwiches: Shirley's Homemades vs. Kneaders

I've written before about the excellent sweet rolls available from Shirley's Homemades, but I though I would stop by the other day and try out the sandwiches. They are made to order with fresh ingredients (they even cut up a jalepeno to put on my egg salad sandwich). But although the bread was really tasty, I found it a little flimsy to hold all the toppings. I guess one solution would be to have less in the way of toppings, but who wants that?

Kneaders' bread ("It's all about the bread") is a little heavier and stands up better to toppings, but I would still recommend Shirley's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

although they didn't have very good A/C the day we went, so the dining area was a bit uncomfortable for my taste. The sandwiches were decent--lots of toppings just like Gary said. I think I prefer Kneaders.

Dale said...

I haven't tried Shirley's, but now I want to. I love a good sandwich and I have really enjoyed Kneader's sandwiches - especially the Reuben and Muffallatta. Sounds like a marriage between Kneader's breads and Shirley's tasty toppings could be a great thing.