Monday, June 25, 2007

At Least One Utahn Asks, "What the Heck?"

Alison Moore Smith, on the blog "Mormon Momma" asks, "What the heck?" in relation to Chadder's. She writes, "Overall, Chadder’s provides a decent meal, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what all the fuss is about. I’ve heard the draw is that it reminds some of In-n-Out Burger. There’s just no accounting for what Californian’s will go for." Ooooo, a little CA bashing. But obviously it's the similarities with In-N-Out that are drawing the crowds. BTW, JCW's has better hamburgers and is closer to the temple.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least one? Heck, we all do. Haven't you seen Sons of Provo?

In addition to specified linguistics, Utahns also specialize in California bashing. But I lived there, too, if that helps. Or, should I say, "Hi, I'm Alison. I used to live in SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. (Not to be confused with the Bay Area or any other of the (obviously lesser) parts of the United Counties of California."

And, I agree. JCW is about a billion times better.

Anonymous said...

So what about Burgers Supreme?! Clearly the best burgers in the valley. I've had one sub-par batch of fries in 18 years, and the fry sauce is anything but generic -- frankly the best in the valley. If that's not enough, the price is right, and the service is fast.

For my money In-N-Out Burger in SoCal has nothing over our own local Burgers Supreme. Tell Richard or Abdel that Charles sent you. :)

Ray Young said...

My experience at Chadder's left me wondering what all the fuss is about. The burger was disappointingly ordinary and small; the fries were merely so-so.

If they have a secret hidden menu, they better bring it out quick—before people catch on that the similarity to In-N-Out ain't worth giving up a decent meal. Let the Californians (and soon, apparently, the St. George folks) eat at In-N-Out, and we'll all enjoy Burgers Supreme (yes!), JCW's, and even Mimi's. Mimi's has a really tasty, good-sized hamburger, and the accompanying fries are usually quite good as well.