Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Applebee's Makes it Up to Us

After my long rant against Applebee's (and an email to corporate), I got a call from the manager of the store in American Fork. She explained that what I experienced is not their normal level of service, and they wanted to make it up to me somehow. So she agreed to send me a voucher for two free meals including entree, dessert, and drinks. (It turned about that it didn't include dessert after all, but that was all right.) She also made a particular point of saying that I should call ahead so that they would know I was coming.

But what is the point of announcing that you're coming? Of course you'll get good service that way. AnneMarie and I stopped by without advanced notice because I wanted to get the same service that regular folks get and also because I didn't want everyone fawning over us to make sure they got everything right. The food and service were fine. When we gave the voucher to the server, the manager came over to make sure that we had had a good experience.

Overall, I feel that they're at least trying harder over at Applebee's (although I still like Chili's better for consistently good food and service).

6 comments:

SWILUA said...

and their fantastic boneless buffalo chicken salad...

Cheryl said...

I'm just glad to see you blogging again. I've been looking for a few good dining tips! Keep us posted on any new finds.

Chioma said...

yeah chili's really is better!

have you ever been to the Art City Trolley in Springville? I LOVE that place. They have the best salads (and burgers) and great ambiance.

shweetpotato said...

Wow, I didnt even know they had an applebees in af now hehe, shows how long its been since Ive been there. I grew up there, wish I could live there again, Carm

Anonymous said...

second to food quality is certainly customer service.

Anonymous said...

Next to good quality food is good customer service.