Saturday, May 19, 2007

Del Taco

I don't speak Spanish, but I think that "Del Taco" means "of the taco." Kind of a strange name for a restaurant, but no more so than "Der Wienersnitzel," which should be "Das Windersnitzel" and actually has nothing at all to do with hotdogs (I guess the "wiener" part sounds like it should).

Del Taco has a few things going for it. First of all there is the "Del Scorcho" sauce, which is hot, but flavorful. Better than the sauces at Taco Bell. Also, there is "half price Taco Tuesday," a Del Taco tradition for over 40 years. That's why Tuesday is taco night. Locations in American Fork, Orem, Provo, Springville.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the tacos on Tuesday are actually 3 for 99 cents after 3:00 pm. The regular price is 49 cents, so it's not quite half off.

Gary Hatch said...

Right. Although she posted this anonymously, this is actually my wife, AnneMarie, who likes to make sure I get things like this right.